18.12.13

Mods of Note - Graphical Renovations


I don't know about you, but the left picture is where it's at.
Graphical Quality enthusiasts, like myself, may occasionally find it hard to get back into their favorite games due to bad aging on the visual level (I.E.  Oh my word, was that mass of polygons supposed to be a face?).  The weird part is that we remember them looking better.

Well, if you are part of the PC gaming master race, they can look better!  It may double/triple/quadruple the size of the original game files, but Max Payne 3 is over 30 gigs at base, so I don't think increasing the file size of Morrowind by a few gigs will matter much on modern hard drives.

Here are a few update mods I have found to be quite useful.

Morrowind Overhaul at Ornitocopter.net - This is the one highlighted in the above picture.  Less of one single mod and more of a compilation of some of the best visual/audio/gameplay mods available in one easy to install package.  The best part is that it is packaged with a tool for managing which mods are active so one may adjust for computer power/taste.

Mass Effect Texture Enhancement/Improvement - This one is a bit... massive and a bit of a hassle to download, but easy to install (unless you're bad at choosing proper directories).  Been taking this one for a spin and I'm quite impressed, though some of the armor textures have a weird visual distortion.  Nothing major (I kinda like it), but may put off some.

Any ENB series mod by Boris Vorontsov - This one can be difficult to get working by sheer number of options for some games, and a lack of options for other games.  Thus far I've found it best for games like Skyrim and Fallout 3/New Vegas and good presets with more in depth explanations can be found with the preset.  I get my presets from Nexus mods.
Skyrim/NewVegas
(unfortunately, can't get a good link to a list of presets on the site due to the search engine design)


No comments:

Post a Comment